Wednesday, April 26, 2017

RT Booklovers Convention 2017 - Author Spotlight - Thia Finn



 
RT Booklovers Convention 2017
******************
Author Spotlight
******************
Thia Finn
 

Growing up in small town Texas, Thia Finn discovered life outside of it by attending The University of Texas, only to return home and marry her high school sweetheart. They raised two successful and beautiful daughters while she taught middle school Language Arts and eventually became a middle school librarian. After thirty-four years in education, she retired to do her favorite things like travel, spend time off-roading with family and friends, hanging out at the Frio River in the Texas hill country, reading, and writing.

She currently lives in the same small town with her husband and the boss, Titan, the Chihuahua. She can often be found on social media, watching Outlanders and Game of Thrones to name a few.

Links to Thia Finn: 

Facebook      www.Facebook.com/thiafinn
Twitter:         https://twitter.com/ThiaFinnCGrif   
Amazon:       http://amzn.to/2oGOVnQ   
Website:           www.thiafinn.com

***************
Talking with author Thia Finn:

What is your writing process?
My story is usually written out completely in my head before I put a word on paper. The plot comes first and then the characters are built around it. From there, I write the story from beginning to end. I can’t skip around in the story like some authors do. There have been a few times that characters have come to me as I write who become more important than I intended them to be but it’s only happened a couple of times.

What authors have caught your interest lately and why?
Sierra Simone’s new American Princess series has captured my attention. I love her writing and her stories. Since I started writing seriously, I find myself paying more attention to style of writers I like. I pick apart their sentence structure in my head. It becomes frustrating sometimes.
Another author I find myself drawn to is Leslie McAdams. Her style is extremely concise. She tells a beautiful, captivating story with the fewest words. I’m amazed at how she is able to do this.

What was your inspiration for this particular novel?
When I finished the Assured Distraction series, I felt like there was still some loose ends with Hayden’s story. Some of my readers wrote and told me after book two, when he was introduced, that they needed to know what happened to him and his son. I found myself constantly thinking about what would happen if… and the story was there.

What is your favorite scene in your new release?
That’s a hard question. I guess I would have to say it’s the scene where she makes Hayden drop her off in the wrong location to conceal her living conditions. She’s a very proud woman and she chooses to put her life in danger by doing this before she allows him to know she’s homeless.

What type of scenes are you favorite to write?
I like to write the scenes where the sexual tension is there but they can’t exactly act on it. Most of my books build slowly with several of these before anything actually happens. I don’t write books where they jump into sex the first thing. I need there to be sparks before the fire.

What are you working on now and when can we expect it to be available?
I’m moving away from rockstar romance for a while. I love the stories but I need to do something else. I love college football and it was something my dad and I shared so I decided to write a series of books about a fictional team in Texas (where else?). The first book is currently in edits and I’m planning to release it the last week of May in time for summer reading to start.

What do you do when you are not writing?
Reading! I spend time with my family and friends. We love to go camping in various locations in the US where we can ride our Off-Road Vehicle. It’s exciting and so much fun to be riding in beautiful places like Colorado, Arkansas and Utah.

What is one interesting fact about you readers don’t know?
I used to race catamarans with my husband. We did a racing circuit from March to June each year.

What is my favorite thing about attending RT?
This is my second time attending RT. I had the pleasure of meeting Kathryn Falk at the Round Up in Houston and going to her home in Texas. She’s an amazing person. I was lucky enough to spend time with her to learn all I could. The way she thinks is exhausting to me. I can’t keep up with her. Sorry, got off topic.
My favorite thing from last year was meeting so many great authors in one place. I’ve met a lot of authors at Texas Library Association (TLA) when I was a librarian but now I look at them from a different perspective. I’m more interested in listening to them talk about how they work and getting to know them as a person and not simply an author.
As far as events go, I had fun at all the events I attended last year but signing at the Sunday signing event allowed me to meet a lot of my readers. That’s always the best part.

 ***************
 

Assure Her
Book One of Assured Distraction Series 

Purchase Link: http://amzn.to/2phP4SP  



Blurb:

Chandler Chatam, fresh out of Juilliard, finds herself temporarily playing with four hot rockers of Assured Distraction, an up-and-coming band, out on their first big tour. She's lead a sheltered life of luxury and is determined to make the most of this tour as part of the band until her world is suddenly turned upside down. Then more life-shattering news alters the course she's set for herself.
Meeting Chandler at her audition for a temporary spot in Assured Distraction, lead singer Keeton MacDonald flashes a panty-dropping smile knowing that a woman is sure to wreak havoc on the bus for this bunch of guys looking to enjoy the perks of life on the road as the rock stars they are. Assured Distraction's tour is the beginning of a raucous journey for them all that leads to fun days, exciting concerts, and hot nights. Not just a life on the bus story, but a story about living messy lives in the real world.


  ***************

 

His Distraction
Book Two 

Purchase Link: http://amzn.to/2pf9Al3

 

Blurb: 

Being on tour is great for the hot new alternative rock band, Assured Distraction, but not for relationships. Guitar player Ryan and girlfriend Krissy quickly realize they have two different visions for their future. She wants the house and two point five kids. He wants the band to be on top.

The band is ready to leave on their epic tour with Ryder Steel. It’s in Europe and going to be epic. Ryan and the band are ready but where does that leave the two lovers? 

Peri can’t believe how great her life is playing out. She loves living in Austin. She has finally landed her dream job as Assured Distraction’s tour manager.
She doesn’t leave on tour to find love. It literally falls in her hotel room. She quickly finds with love comes complications that she must weave her way around or give it up.

She’s never been a quitter and this time is no exception.


 ***************



His Assurance
Book 3

Purchase Link: http://amzn.to/2jdP0Ao

  Blurb:

One hot, sizzling night with a beautiful woman in Paris! That’s what Gunner Wallace, from Assured Distraction, wants to recreate when he finally sees her again in Austin, TX. He plans to pick up exactly where they left off since he hasn’t been able to stop thinking about it.

Take you sister and friends to Austin to a music festival! That’s Lola’s mother’s idea for celebrating Journey’s twenty-first birthday. Now she’s stuck babysitting five wild college girls for a week or two. The only perk, Gunner Wallace, AD’s smokin’ hot drummer lives there. Lola will never forget their one night together. Now what did she tell him while they were together? If only she could remember.

Join Assured Distraction on the third adventure of rock and roll and love.

  ***************

Distracted No More
Book 4



Purchase Link: http://amzn.to/2osDq8s


 Blurb: 
Love, Sex, & Rock n Roll

Carter Sheridan

It's not my fault groupies throw themselves at me. I am after all the bass player for the hottest band in the world. As the only single member of Assured Distraction, a different girl warms my bed every night, hell sometimes more. I'm cocky and live my life the way I want, and I don’t plan on changing any time soon.

Halo/Victoria

I’m not looking to rekindle my past relationship with Carter. That ship sailed when he left me to chase fortune and fame without so much as a background glance. With my career taking off, I am not going to let anyone distract me even if he is devastatingly sexy.

Life has been all about the music and the women for Carter but what happens when the past meets present? Can Halo forgive and let go of the past or is her pain to great let Carter in?

Take a front row seat as lives are altered in the exciting conclusion to the Assured Distraction Series.


***************

Hayden’s Timbre 

Purchase Here: http://amzn.to/2osDapX 
Blurb:  
STOP! Don’t swipe right. My dad needs a date. He’s around 30, single, a musician, and hot (at least the women in the audience think so, eww). He’s a great dad. He’s fun, the best friend everyone loves, and can keep up with a twelve-year-old guy like myself. You’d be getting a keeper with him. So click and give him a try. 

Timbre laughed when she read what the kid wrote. What kind of kid sets his dad up on online dating? How desperate can his dad be? He can’t be in a place worse than this hopeless situation I’m in. Some jerk cost me my job and my life dominoed in a down-hill slide from there. 

The calamities begin from the moment Hayden and Timbre meet but are the complications in their lives too much to make a relationship last? Read the conclusion to Hayden’s story where old friends are supportive and surprises return to haunt him in this companion book to the Assured Distraction rock star romance series.



Back of book blurb: 

Hayden Devillier fell into the good life when the mega rock band, Assured Distraction, made him part of their family. Being family never included becoming a father at eighteen but through the trickery of an unwanted roommate, who happens to be the cousin’s girlfriend, he finds himself raising his son alone. Hard choices involving his career for the sake of his child take priority. Now Hayden feels his own life slipping by, but getting into the dating scene with a twelve-year-old active kid, proves harder than he realized. When he meets a woman standing on a corner, his life becomes covered with more than he bargained for. 

A wall of water raining down on Timbre Simon alters her life’s plan before the drops reach the pavement. All she wanted to do was open her own counseling practice but instead she finds herself jobless, homeless, and friendless. Headstrong Timbre’s plan does not include a man, and she refuses to lose sight of her dream for one. The hot guy who starts the problems seems determined to be in her life, wanted or not. 

When Timbre and Hayden’s lives keep crossing paths, it appears other forces continue to push them in the same direction. Can he let his guard down with a women and trust her with his kid or will old friends and enemies resurface to derail their lives?  

Read the companion book to the Amazon best-selling Assured Distraction rock star romance series where it’s fun day, rocking concerts, and sizzling nights. 



 ***************




The 34th International RT Booklovers Convention will be held at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta, May 2-7, 2017.
We’ll have 800 Authors, 200 workshops and 2 public book signings. This is one of the largest book industry events of the year!
For more information, go to: www.rtconvention.com


No comments:

Post a Comment